FullStory Device Mode (Actions)
FullStory lets product and support teams easily understand everything about the customer experience. The Segment integration for FullStory helps accurately identify your customers within the FullStory dashboard.
Benefits of FullStory Device Mode (Actions) vs FullStory Classic
- Greater control over the page properties you send.
- Send events specific to individual pages.
- Select by name the specific user properties or custom events to send.
- From the Segment web app, click Catalog, then click Destinations.
- Find the Destinations Actions item in the left navigation, and click it.
- Select FullStory Device Mode (Actions), then click Configure FullStory Device Mode (Actions).
- Select an existing Source to connect to FullStory Device Mode (Actions).
- Click Customized Setup to start from a blank mapping.
Enables FullStory debug mode.
The organization ID for FullStory.
|Capture only this iFrame||Required.
Enables FullStory inside an iframe.
Fullstory (Actions) has the following presets:
|Preset Name||Trigger||Default Action|
|Identify User||Event type = "identify"
|Track Event||Event type = "track"
Build your own Mappings! Combine supported triggers with the following Fullstory-supported actions:
Mapping limits per destination
Individual destination instances have support a maximum of 50 mappings.
Sets user identity variables
Identify User is a Web action. The default Trigger is:
type = "identify"
The user’s id
The user’s anonymous id
The user’s display name
The user’s email
The Segment traits to be forwarded to FullStory
Track Event is a Web action. The default Trigger is:
type = "track"
The name of the event.
A JSON object containing additional information about the event that will be indexed by FullStory.
Sets page properties events
Viewed Page is a Web action. The default Trigger is:
type = "page"
The name of the page that was viewed.
The properties of the page that was viewed.
Migration from the classic FullStory destination
Follow the table below to map your existing FullStory destination configuration to FullStory Device Mode (Actions).
Fullstory settings mapping
|fullstory Classic Destination Setting||How to enable in fullstory (Actions)|
Set during initial configuration, or on the Settings tab after you create the destination.
|Enter FS debug mode
Available on the Settings tab of the destination.
|Track All Pages
Available as a subscription where the trigger
|Track Categorized Pages
|Track Named Pages
This page was last modified: 18 Oct 2022
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact Segment Support for assistance!