BugHerd is a bug tracking software that lets users report bugs right in your interface. Once reported, you get a Trello-like management interface for taking care of the issues. The
analytics.js BugHerd Destination is open-source. You can browse the code on GitHub.
Before you start, make sure BugHerd supports the source type and connection mode you’ve chosen to implement. You can learn more about connection modes here.
- From the Segment web app, click Catalog.
- Search for “BugHerd” in the Catalog, select it, and choose which of your sources to connect the destination to.
- In the destination settings, enter your
API Keyas retrieved from the Install BugHerd tab on your BugHerd Project page.
- Your changes appear in the Segment CDN in about 45 minutes, and then Analytics.js starts asynchronously loading BugHerd onto your page. This means you should remove BugHerd’s snippet from your page.
- The BugHerd Destination doesn’t use any Segment API calls (e.g. identify, track, etc) so, once it’s loaded, it’s good to go! Your BugHerd sidebar will begin appearing for your team.
Segment lets you change these destination settings from the Segment app without having to touch any code.
|Show the Default Feedback Tab||
You should only disable this setting if you want to build your own feedback tab with the BugHerd API.
This page was last modified: 08 Mar 2022
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact Segment Support for assistance!