Pinterest Audiences Destination
- Accepts Track calls.
- Refer to it as Pinterest Audiences in the Integrations object
Pinterest Ads provides a way to target advertisements on Pinterest to a global audience. Segment’s Pinterest Audiences integration allows Engage customers to sync audiences from Engage to Pinterest for better retargeting and higher-performing ads.
For more information about advertising with Pinterest, see:
- Engage enabled with an existing Space
- A Pinterest Ads account with the
- iOS IDFA
- Android ID
Note: The Segment iOS SDK version 4.0 and up does not collect automatically collect IDFA. For more information, see the iOS 14 Guide.
The Pinterest Audiences destination syncs data from Engage to Pinterest Ads. To begin:
- In your Segment workspace, click Engage in the left navigation bar, and select your Space.
- Click Engage Settings and select the Destinations tab.
- Click Add Destination.
- Search for
Pinterest Audiencesand click Configure Pinterest Audiences.
- Confirm the Source. The default value is the source connected to the Space to which you’re adding the destination.
- On the Pinterest Audiences configuration screen, click Connect to Pinterest Audiences. Log in to Pinterest with an account that has access to the Pinterest Ads dashboard. Once authenticated, confirm the connection to Segment.
- Select the Pinterest Ad account that will receive audience data. This account may be your personal Pinterest account, but it must have an ad account attached. After you select the account, the destination is active.
- Add the Pinterest Audiences destination to an existing Engage Audience.
- Navigate to the Space that contains the audience, and select it from the Audiences tab.
- Click Add Destination.
- The configured Pinterest Audiences destination should appear in the Send as User List category of available destinations.
- Select the destination, and click Add Destination.
The initial synchronization of audience data may take several hours, depending on the size of the audience. Once the initial sync occurs, you’ll see a new audience in the Pinterest Audiences dashboard.
What does the audience size represent?
The audience size represented in Pinterest is the final count of matched users between your customer profiles in Segment and Pinterest users. This number denotes your targetable audience size within Pinterest.
The initial synchronization of audience data may take several hours, depending on the size of the audience. Once the initial sync occurs, you’ll see a new Audience in the Pinterest Audiences dashboard.
Are lists/audiences processed on some interval, or on customer list update? Do we need to wait 24-48 hours every time we add/remove identifiers from a list?
Processing happens regularly and automatically throughout the day - but can take up to 24 hours.
You do not need to wait to continue sending data; however, any campaigns using those audiences will not see the changes until after processing (they’ll continue running against whatever users have already been matched).
You can send computed traits and audiences generated using Engage to this destination as a user property. To learn more about Engage, schedule a demo.
For user-property destinations, an identify call is sent to the destination for each user being added and removed. The property name is the snake_cased version of the audience name, with a true/false value to indicate membership. For example, when a user first completes an order in the last 30 days, Engage sends an Identify call with the property
order_completed_last_30days: true. When the user no longer satisfies this condition (for example, it’s been more than 30 days since their last order), Engage sets that value to
When you first create an audience, Engage sends an Identify call for every user in that audience. Later audience syncs only send updates for users whose membership has changed since the last sync.
Real-time to batch destination sync frequency
Real-time audience syncs to Pinterest Audiences may take six or more hours for the initial sync to complete. Upon completion, a sync frequency of two to three hours is expected.
Segment lets you change these destination settings from the Segment app without having to touch any code.
This page was last modified: 27 Sep 2022
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact Segment Support for assistance!