Snapchat Audience Destination
- Accepts Track calls.
- Refer to it as Snapchat Audiences in the Integrations object
The Snapchat Ads product provides a way to target advertisements to a global audience and drive meaningful results.
Segment’s integration with Snapchat Ad’s Snap Audience Match (SAM) enables Segment customers to sync audiences created in Engage with Snapchat Advertising
For more information about advertising with Snapchat:
- SAM Audiences
- Snap Audience Match (for developers)
- Access to Engage
- A Snapchat Ads account with permission to create audiences
- phone number
- iOS IDFA
- Android IDFA
The Snapchat Audiences destination syncs audience data from Engage to Snapchat Ads. To begin:
- In your Segment workspace, click Engage in the left navigation bar, and select your Space.
- Click Engage Settings and select the Destinations tab.
- Click Add Destination.
- Search for
Snapchat Audienceand click Configure.
- On the Snapchat Audiences configuration screen, click Connect to Snapchat Audiences. Log in to Snapchat with an account that has access to Ads Manager. Once authenticated, confirm the connection to Segment.
- Select the Snap Ads account that will receive audience data. This accounts represents an advertising entity or business, and not your personal Snapchat user account. You may belong to several Ad Accounts; make sure to select the correct account here. After the Ad Account is specified, the destination is active.
- Add the Snapchat Audiences Destination to an existing Engage Audience.
- Navigate to the Engage Space that contains the audience, and select it from the Audiences tab.
- Click Add Destination.
- The configured Snapchat Audiences destination should appear in the Send as User List category of available destinations.
Click the destination and confirm the identifier:
Mobile ID. Click Save.
- Segment sends hashed
idfavalues to Snapchat so that they can match those identifiers against Snapchat users.
Segment also supports
phoneNumberif it is present on the user’s profile. Please make sure you pass phone numbers in a format that Snapchat supports. Read more in Snapchat’s documentation regarding Normalizing and Hashing.
NOTE: Protocols customers can use Transformations to change
phoneNumbervalues to meet Snapchat’s requirements.
- Segment sends hashed
- Click Add Destination to activate the destination for your Engage Audience
The initial synchronization of audience data may take several hours, depending on the size of the audience. Once the initial sync occurs, you’ll notice a new Audience in the Snap Ads dashboard.
I’m passing phone number as the identifier to Snapchat, why doesn’t the audience populate?
Verify the following:
- You’re collecting user phone numbers when users are added to the Engage Audience, and that you have configured the destination to send
- You’re collecting phone numbers in a format that Snapchat supports. For more information, see Snapchat’s documentation regarding Normalizing and Hashing.
Why can’t I select our Ads Account during the destination setup?
Ensure the following criteria are met:
- Your personal Snapchat login has appropriate permissions within your business. Snapchat Account Admin or Data Manager permissions are required to configure and add audiences.
- Your Snap Ads account is in
How do I view the sync status?
Status will be shown in the Event Delivery tool. When you view the audience, you can open the side bar which directs you to Event Delivery.
You can send computed traits and audiences generated using Engage to this destination as a user property. To learn more about Engage, schedule a demo.
For user-property destinations, an identify call is sent to the destination for each user being added and removed. The property name is the snake_cased version of the audience name, with a true/false value to indicate membership. For example, when a user first completes an order in the last 30 days, Engage sends an Identify call with the property
order_completed_last_30days: true. When the user no longer satisfies this condition (for example, it’s been more than 30 days since their last order), Engage sets that value to
When you first create an audience, Engage sends an Identify call for every user in that audience. Later audience syncs only send updates for users whose membership has changed since the last sync.
Real-time to batch destination sync frequency
Real-time audience syncs to Snapchat Audience may take six or more hours for the initial sync to complete. Upon completion, a sync frequency of two to three hours is expected.
Segment lets you change these destination settings from the Segment app without having to touch any code.
This page was last modified: 27 Sep 2022
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact Segment Support for assistance!