What can you do with Functions?
Functions can help you bring external data into Segment (Source Functions) and send data in Segment out to external destinations (Destination Functions). Functions are scoped to your specific workspace. If you’re a technology partner and want to build a new integration and publish it in Segment’s catalog, see the Developer Center documentation.
- Ingest data into Segment from a source that’s unavailable in the catalog
- Transform or reject data before it’s received by Segment
- Enrich incoming data using external APIs
Learn more about source functions.
Destination Functions can take events from a Segment source, transform the events, and deliver them to external APIs. Destination Functions can make arbitrary requests to annotate data, as well.
- Send data from Segment to a service that’s unavailable in the catalog
- Transform data before sending it downstream
- Enrich outgoing data using external APIs
Learn more about destination functions.
This page was last modified: 25 Apr 2022
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact Segment Support for assistance!