Moesif API Analytics Source
Good to know: Event source
The Moesif API Analytics Source is an event source. This means that it sends data as events, which are behaviors or occurrences tied to a user and a point in time. Data from these sources can be loaded into your Segment warehouses, and also sent to Segment streaming destinations. Learn more about cloud sources.
Moesif API Analytics helps you make data-driven product decisions that grows your API platform. Using API analytics, understand how your customers and partners use your APIs and what drives long term engagement and retention.
This source is maintained by Moesif. For any issues with the source, please reach out to their team.
NOTE: The Moesif API Analytics Source is currently in beta, which means that they are still actively developing the source. This doc was last updated on June 19, 2019. If you are interested in joining their beta program or have any feedback to help improve the Moesif API Analytics Source and its documentation, please let their team know!
- From your Segment UI’s Sources page click on “Add Source”.
- Select Moesif API Analytics within the Source Catalog and confirm adding the source.
- Give the Source a nickname and follow the setup flow to “Add Source”.
- Copy the Write Key from the added source. You’ll need this later in Moesif.
- Log into your Moesif account, go to the Settings menu and click Extensions.
- Select the Segment Extension within the extensions gallery and add your write key under Add Partner Key.
Below are tables outlining the properties included in the events listed above. Moesif will include the user’s most recent context as the context object.
||Traits of the user|
||Context related to the user|
||Time when user was created in Moesif|
||User’s unique identifer|
||Username such as Twitter or Github handle|
||Time user was first seen on the API|
||Time user was last seen on the API|
||Time when user metadata was last modified|
||Rollup of User’s API activity|
This page was last modified: 18 Feb 2020
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact us, and we can help!