InMoment (formerly Wootric)
Good to know: Object source
The InMoment (formerly Wootric) is an object source. This means that it sends information (traits) about a thing that exists and persists over time, such as a person or company, and which can be updated over time. Data from this source can only be exported directly to a warehouse, but it can then be used for further analysis. Learn more about cloud sources.
This source is supported in US data processing regions.
The InMoment (formerly Wootric) source is only supported in workspaces configured to process data in the US region. Workspaces configured with data processing regions outside of the US cannot connect to this source. For more information, see Regional Segment.
InMoment (formerly Wootric) is modern customer feedback management software. You can incorporate Voice of Customer data in your decision-making processes and marketing campaigns, and trigger customer follow-up when you send survey responses to your CRM, marketing platform or data warehouses automatically.
InMoment maintains this source. For any issues, contact the InMoment support team.
- In Segment go to Connections and click Add Source.
- Search for InMoment in the Source Catalog and confirm by clicking Connect.
- Give the Source a nickname and click Add Source. The nickname is used to designate the source in the Segment interface, and Segment creates a related schema name. The schema name is the namespace you query against in your warehouse. The nickname can be whatever you like, but Segment recommends using a name that reflects the source itself and distinguishes amongst your environments (eg. SourceName_Prod, SourceName_Staging, SourceName_Dev).
- Go to the Settings > API Keys.
- Copy the Write Key and log in to your InMoment account.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Send InMoment Data > Send survey responses back to Segment and paste the write key to connect.
Below is a table of events that InMoment sends to Segment. These events will show up as tables in your warehouse, and as regular events in your other Destinations. InMoment will send through the
userId if available. Note: at this time event names continue to be labeled “Wootric.”
|Wootric survey response created||A survey response was created|
|Wootric survey response updated||An existing survey response was updated|
Below are tables outlining the properties included in the events listed above.
|channel||The channel from which the survey was responded like ‘web’ or ‘email’|
|created_at||The timestamp of when the response was created|
|metric_type||The mode of the survey like “NPS” or “CSAT”|
|properties||The survey properties|
|response_id||The id of the response|
|score||The selected score from the survey|
|survey_id||The id of the survey|
|updated_at||The timestamp of when the response was updated|
|text||The feedback text provided by the end user|
Now that your Source is set up, you can connect it with Destinations.
Log into your downstream tools and check to see that your events are populating and they contain all the properties you expect. If all your events and properties are not showing up, refer to the Destination docs for troubleshooting.
If you experience any issues with how the events arrive in Segment, contact the InMoment team.
This page was last modified: 25 Apr 2022
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact Segment Support for assistance!