What is the Segment Startup Program?
Segment offers a Startup Program to enable early startups to track data correctly and easily test the marketing and analytics tools necessary to grow their business. The program is open to any early-stage startup that meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Incorporated less than two years ago
- Raised no more than $5MM in total funding
- Located in Google Cloud eligible territory
- haven’t previously received other Segment discounts
The Segment Startup Program includes three components:
- Segment’s Startup Deal - Participating startups receive $25,000* in annual credit toward our monthly Team plan for as long as they meet our eligibility requirements (up to 2 years).
- Partner Startup Deals - We’ve partnered with other technology companies that offer valuable tools for startups to offer exclusive deals and promotions from marketing, data warehouse, and analytics tools. Check out the list of deals.
- Startup Resources - Segment offers learning materials on topics like analytics, product-market fit, and more for founders to become experts on data analytics and making the most of Segment’s technology.
Interested companies can apply here.
*Can vary based on affiliated accelerator and VC partners.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are the Segment credits applied? Credits are applied to your monthly bill, covering up to $25,000* in total usage per year. Any additional usage costs are not covered by the program.
How do I redeem the Segment credits? Eligible startups can apply directly for the Segment Startup Program.
How do I find out if I’ve been accepted to the Segment Startup Program? If you’ve been accepted to the program, you’ll receive an email with a welcome message and next steps. If you haven’t received an email, you can also check in your Segment workspace and look for a Startup Program icon in the top right corner.
Where can I view the credits applied to my Segment account? The Startup Program credits are reflected in the Workspace usage and billing page.
Do I have to be a “new” customer to receive a coupon? New and current Segment users who have not previously received any other coupon are eligible to apply.
What happens if I go over my total credit applied? If you go over the total credit applied, you will be charged for the additional usage for that month.
What happens when my credits expire? Once you’ve used your total credits, you might be eligible to renew for another year at a discounted rate. Otherwise, we can talk about options for upgrading your plan.
How do I get the startup partner deals? Once you’ve been accepted to the Segment Startup Program, you can apply for the partner deals using this form. (You can view a list of the available deals here.)
How do I know if my accelerator/incubator/VC firm has a relationship with Segment? Ask your program manager to see if they participate in the Segment Startup Program. If they do not, you can request that they apply to become a partner.
This page was last modified: 20 Nov 2019
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact us, and we can help!