Subscriptions enable you to receive incoming data for our mutual customers to your service’s HTTPS endpoint in realtime.
A Subscription gives you complete control over how you want to store, transform and process the data. It means that our mutual customers can immediately start sending you data from any one of Segment’s sources, including a web browser, mobile apps, or from our mutual customer’s servers — with no added work. Segment Business Tier customers can also replay historical data, which means you can demonstrate the value of your tool rapidly.
Review the steps outlined in the Developer Center Overview. This document outlines specific details for Step 4 as it relates to building a subscription.
- Understand Segment’s Conceptual Model and Spec.
- Follow Segment’s security guidance.
- Request access to the Segment Developer Center.
- Create an App.
- Build and test your Component(s).
- Publish documentation.
- Submit your App for review.
- Launch into Public Beta!
Build & Test
You can subscribe to customer data in two ways:
- Webhook: Build a new HTTP service that receives Webhook POSTs from Segment.
This page was last modified: 09 Sep 2020
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact us, and we can help!