Littledata is a smart analytics app that automates ecommerce tracking. Littledata’s Shopify-to-Segment connection automatically tracks key ecommerce events on a Shopify or Shopify Plus store, so you can use Shopify as a source in your Segment workspace.
Littledata uses a smart tracking script that can be applied to any Shopify site. The app uses server-side tracking to ensure 100% accuracy, gathering data at every customer touch point.
This integration is maintained by Littledata. Please reach out to their team with any questions.
- Login to your Shopify Store account.
- Go the Shopify app store listing for Segment by Littledata.
- Click Add app to begin the installation process.
- Sign up for a Littledata account using an email address, Google login or Facebook login. More team members can be added to the subscription after completing the installation process.
- Add the Segment write key for the source that is going to send data in the input field.
- Choose either an Automatic or a Manual install. Automatic installs work in most instances, but if you choose to do a manual install, just follow this guide.
- Segment’s analytics.js library, Littledata tracking script and webhooks will be automatically applied to the store and the installation proccess will then be complete.
Below is a table of events that Shopify by Littledata sends to Segment. These events will show up as tables in your warehouse, and as regular events in your other Destinations. Shopify by Littledata will send through the
userId if available.
|Page Viewed||Prospect has viewed a page|
|Product List Viewed||Prospect has viewed a product collection page|
|Product Clicked||Prospect has clicked a product|
|Product Viewed||Prospect has viewed a product|
|Product Added||Prospect has added a product to the cart|
|Product Removed||Prospect has removed a product from the cart|
|Checkout Started||Prospect has started checkout|
|Checkout Step Completed||Prospect has completed a step in the checkout|
|Payment Info Entered||Prospect has entered payment info|
|Order Completed||Prospect has completed an order|
|Order Refunded||Order has been refunded|
In addition to the events tracked as standard, the following hits can be tracked based on page path:
|Registration Viewed||Prospect has viewed the registration page|
|Cart Viewed||Prospect has viewed the cart|
|Blog Viewed||Prospect has viewed the blog|
|Registration Completed||Prospect has completed registration|
Below are tables outlining the properties included in the events listed above.
|Prospect Google Analytics client ID|
|ID of the order|
|ID of the checkout session|
|Revenue of the order|
|Total value of the order|
|Affiliation of the order|
|Currency of the order|
|Property that holds product details|
|Category of the product|
|Brand of the product|
|ID of the product collection|
|Name of the product collection|
|Product position in the collection|
|ID of the product|
|Product variant ID|
|Property that holds product variant IDs and SKUs|
|Quantity of the product|
|Property that holds payment details|
|Payment method chosen for checkout|
|Shipping method chosen for checkout|
|Unique property to identify events sent by Littledata|