Start connecting your data with Segment.
Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated June 3, 2019
This Segment Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) sets forth certain restrictions on accessing and using Segment.io, Inc.’s and its affiliates’ (collectively, “Segment”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) products and services (collectively, “Offerings”) by you or someone on your behalf (“You” or “Your”). The restrictions set forth in this AUP are not exhaustive. You may not use the Offerings to:
(1) send or store infringing or unlawful material;
(3) violate any U.S. or foreign laws or regulations, including those related to data privacy;
(4) send or store Malicious Code. For purposes of this AUP, “Malicious Code” means any viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses and other harmful or malicious code, files, scripts, agents or programs;
(5) attempt to gain unauthorized access to, or disrupt the integrity or performance of, the Offerings or the data contained therein;
(6) disclose any passwords or other security information directly related to the Offerings;
(7) modify, copy or create derivative works based on the Offerings;
(8) access the Offerings for the purpose of building a competitive product or service or copying its features or user interface;
(9) use the Offerings for purposes of product evaluation, benchmarking or other comparative analysis of Segment without Segment’s prior written consent;
(10) permit access to the Segment’s Offerings by a direct competitor of Segment;
(11) make any representations or warranties regarding the functionality or performance of the Offerings other than in accordance with its Documentation;
(12) attempt to decrypt, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discern, discover, copy, or disclose the source code, algorithms, processes, or ideas supporting the Offerings;
(13) copy, license, lease, rent, distribute, sell, make available, assign, sublicense or use the Offerings in a timesharing or service bureau arrangement, or transfer any of Your rights, duties, and obligations hereunder, and any such sublicense, assignment, or other transfer will be void;
(14) modify, frame, link to, translate, or create any derivative works of the Offerings; or
(15) remove from or alter any Segment trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notice, legend or symbol on the Offerings.
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this AUP or misuse of the Offerings. We may: investigate violations of this AUS or misuse of the Offerings; or remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this AUP or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Offerings. We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this AUP. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any agreement between You and Segment governing your access to and use of the Offerings (including, as applicable, any terms of service, Master Subscription Agreement, or Partner Program Agreement) (“Agreement”), in the event of any conflict between the Agreement and this AUP, this AUP shall govern. This AUP may be updated by Segment from time to time upon reasonable notice (which may be provided through the Offerings or by posting an updated version of this AUP). Any violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your access to and use of the Offerings.