Start connecting your data with Segment.
Education Terms and Conditions
SEGMENT EDUCATION TERMS
2. Course Registration. Upon execution of the order form, Segment will provide Customer with Course Registration Code(s) for applicable courses and seats. Registration for a Course must be completed at least 3 business days in advance of the Course start date. If a Participant registers for a Course and later elects to switch Courses, the Participant may do so, but only to a different Course of equal or lesser value. If the Course to which the Participant switches is of lesser value, Customer will not receive a refund for the difference in Course price. For instructions on how to register for a course: Training Registration
3. Cancellation. Segment reserves the right to cancel any Course at any time for any reason and Segment shall (i) inform Customer of such cancellation and offer Customer an alternative Course option or (ii) provide an alternative date for such Course at Segment’s sole discretion.
Customer may cancel their registration for any Course at any time. Eligibility for reschedule is set forth below:
Notice Period (prior to Course start date) Reschedule Availability
5+ Business Days May reschedule for Course of equal or lesser value
0-4 Business Days No reschedule available
*business day shall mean weekdays (Monday through Friday) excluding U.S. national holidays
Reschedule will not be available if the participant does not attend a Course for which they are registered. Reschedule will also not be available for those participants that begin a course and are unable to complete the training for any reason.
If Customer is eligible to reschedule a Course, reschedule is Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy in the event of cancellation. No refunds shall be provided to Customer in the event of cancellation.
4. Customer Responsibilities. Each individual that wants to attend a Course (“Participant’) must complete a unique registration. Each registration for a Course (“Seat”) will only cover one Participant. Customer may only use material and learnings from a Segment Education Course (including any Deliverables, defined below,) for its own internal training purposes and only for registered Participants.
Participants may not record or otherwise capture the content of any Course.
Participants must conduct themselves in a professional manner. Segment may remove Participants from any Course if Segment determines, in its sole discretion, that Participants are disrupting the instructor or other Participants.
Segment reserves the right to exclude a Participant from attending any future Course if they have been disruptive in a previous Course.
5. Ownership. During the Subscription Term, subject to these Education Terms and the Agreement, Segment grants Customer a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, worldwide license to use the Deliverables, defined below, and other material from a Course only as part of its authorized use of the Services. As part of the Course(s), Customer may receive certain deliverables, including but not limited to e-books, training collateral, presentations, templates, and other materials (collectively “Deliverables”). Except for the licensing rights granted to Customer above, Segment retains all intellectual property and other rights in any Deliverables and the Courses themselves, including any modifications or improvements to made by Segment to the same. Additionally, if Customer is granted access to a Segment test or sandbox environment (including any demonstration data) as part of Segment Education, Segment and its licensors retain all intellectual property and other rights in the same.
6. Confidentiality. The parties’ confidentiality obligations set forth in the Agreement shall apply to Segment Education.
7. Security. Customer’s use of Segment Education is subject to the Security section as set forth in the Agreement.
8. Warranty. Segment warrants that it will provide Segment Education Course(s) in a workmanlike manner. Except for this limited warranty, Segment Education, including all Course(s) and any associated Deliverables, are provided “AS IS” and are subject to Segment’s warranty disclaimers in the Agreement.
In addition to the warranty disclaimers set forth in the Agreement, Segment does not warrant that the information on this site, nor other sites to which it links, will continue to be accurate. Users should verify information before relying upon such information, especially as the information presented via Segment Education relates to Customers’’ particular use cases for Segment’s Services.
9. Limitation of Liability. Although every effort is made by Segment to ensure that Course instructors are appropriately qualified and trained, Segment does not accept liability for any loss, cost or expense, or for any special, indirect or consequential damages arising from negligence, misconduct or lack of skill in delivering the Course(s).
Segment's total liability under this Agreement in both contract or tort shall not exceed the price fees for the Course in the applicable Order.
10. Indemnification. Subject to the terms for Customer’s indemnification obligations in the Agreement, Customer shall also indemnify, defend and hold Segment harmless from and against any and all third-party claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses arising out of or in connection with Customer’s unauthorized use of Segment Education.