Webhooks (Actions) Destination
Additional versions of this destination are available
This page is about the Webhooks (Actions) Destination. See below for information about other versions of the Webhooks destination:
Segment’s Webhooks (Actions) destination uses internet protocol and HTTP callback to submit real-time user data to your own HTTP endpoints. With this destination, you can POST, PUT, or PATCH data to any webhook URL.
- From the Segment web app, navigate to Connections > Catalog.
- Search for Webhooks (Actions) in the Destinations Catalog, and select the destination.
- Click Configure Webhooks (Actions).
- Select the source that will send data to Webhooks (Actions) and follow the steps to name your destination.
- If you require authentication, add in a shared secret on the Settings > Advanced Settings tab. If you provide a shared secret, Segment will sign requests with an HMAC in the “X-Signature” request header. The HMAC is a hex-encoded SHA1 hash generated using the shared secret and the request body.
- Follow the steps in the Destinations Actions documentation on Customizing mappings. You can create up to 5 mappings, each of which can send to a different webhook URL.
- Enable the destination and configured mappings.
If set, Segment will sign requests with an HMAC in the “X-Signature” request header. The HMAC is a hex-encoded SHA1 hash generated using this shared secret and the request body.
Build your own Mappings! Combine supported triggers with the following Webhooks-supported actions:
Mapping limits per destination
Individual destination instances have support a maximum of 50 mappings.
Send an HTTP request.
Send is a Cloud action.
URL to deliver data to.
HTTP method to use.
Maximum number of events to include in each batch. Actual batch sizes may be lower.
HTTP headers to send with each request.
Payload to deliver to webhook URL (JSON-encoded).
When enabled, Segment will send events in batches.
This page was last modified: 28 Feb 2023
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact Segment Support for assistance!