Start connecting your data with Segment.
Segment Functions Terms
Last Updated October 20, 2020
2. Usage Rights. Subject to these Functions Terms and the Agreement: (a) Segment grants Customer the right to use Segment Functions as part of Customer’s authorized use of the Services; and (b) Customer grants Segment the right to use, copy, store, transmit and display the Function Code in order to provide the Services to Customer, to address Services support and performance issues and, to the extent elected by Customer, to share templated Functions Code as a template with other Segment customers, on a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free basis.
3. Customer Responsibilities. Customer represents and warrants to Segment that it has all necessary rights to use its Function Code with the Services and grant Segment the rights granted above and that its Function Code and use of Segment Functions will comply with the Documentation, the Acceptable Use Policy and applicable Laws. Customer agrees that its Function Code will not contain code licensed under any version of the GPL, Affero or other “copyleft” license and that the use of Function Code will not impose any third-party license terms or other restrictions on Segment, the Services or Segment’s intellectual property rights. Customer will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Segment from and against any and all third-party claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses arising out of or in connection with any breach or alleged breach of these Functions Terms.
4. Usage Limits; Fees. Segment Functions is subject to usage limits (e.g., hours of execution time) and, depending on Customer’s subscription plan, exceeding the limits may require payment of additional fees or may result in suspension of Customer’s access to Segment Functions. The usage limits and fees are identified when Customer enables or orders Segment Functions and can also be reviewed under the “Usage” tab of the Services.
5. Term. These Function Terms remain in effect for the duration of any applicable Subscription Term.
6. Disclaimers. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Agreement: (1) Segment may provide sample code or guidelines for Segment Functions, but Customer is solely responsible for its own Function Code (including its operation, security and use with the Services and any Sources or Destinations) and (2) all use of Segment Functions is at Customer’s discretion and risk, and Segment has no warranty, service level, support, indemnity or other liability with respect to Customer’s Function Code or its use with the Services or any Sources or Destinations. Customer understands that other customers or Segment itself may independently develop Function Code similar to that of Customer.