Personalization around the globe
Welcome to the third annual State of Personalization Report, a global look at the latest trends in personalization, first-party data, privacy, and consumer loyalty.
In this report, we surveyed nearly 3,500 businesses and consumers across five continents to get a pulse check of how attitudes and experiences with personalization have changed over the past 12 months.
Read on to explore our key findings, or download the full report to get the complete picture of the trends shaping the future of personalization.
Personalization and ROI go hand in hand
Investments in omnichannel are improving, but still have a long way to go
Businesses are future-proofing their personalization efforts with first-party data
Businesses seek balance in the personalization-privacy paradox
The bar for personalization is getting higher
- Segment conducted this research using online surveys distributed by Method Communications, between April and May 2022.
- There were a total of 3,450 respondents from Australia, Brazil, Colombia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States, with a minimum of 250 respondents from each country.
- To ensure our report incorporated both business and consumer attitudes towards personalization, we conducted two surveys.
- Our consumer survey targeted adult consumers who have purchased something online in the past 6 months. These respondents were equally split across gender.
- In addition, we also surveyed B2B and B2C business managers and above who are familiar with their company's customer experience, marketing tech, or customer data strategies.